We are thrilled to have the help, support and presence of our volunteer parents. In order to provide a safe environment, where children are our first priority, we need to adhere to following procedures:
- Check-in procedure: It is essential that all volunteers in the building sign in and use visitor badges provided by the school.
- Confidentiality: Educators recognize the importance of confidentiality. Everyone is more secure in an environment where the privacy of the child and the child's family is respected. We expect the same commitment to confidentiality from our volunteers as we do from ourselves.
VOLUNTEERING IN THE CLASSROOM
Parents are encouraged to volunteer in their children’s classroom. Teachers will typically have classroom volunteer opportunities available at Curriculum Night and will communicate other volunteer needs throughout the year.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES – PTO
We have a strong tradition of volunteering at Groveland. We hope you will get involved! For more information about our PTA, please click here. [then link the here to the information page under the PTA section.] Please feel free to contact our PTA co-presidents, Jenny Benowitz (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Colette Kraemer (email@example.com), with questions or for more information.
Background Check Process for Volunteers
To ensure the safety of our students, we require criminal background checks on the following:
- Any volunteer who accompanies students off campus (i.e., chaperones for field trips).
- Any volunteer who is responsible for working with students on campus, but not under the supervision of a licensed teacher.
Volunteer background checks do not need to be done every year. Once you have been approved through our volunteer background check process, you will be cleared to volunteer into the future without going through the process again.
To inquire whether you already have a cleared volunteer background check on file, please contact either the main office or Human Resources at 952-401-5014.
The online criminal background check form requires you to provide authorization for a variety of criminal background checks:
- National Sex Offense History: Provides a sexual offender registry check of all 50 states plus the District of Columbia.
- Criminal SuperSearch: A criminal search for 47 states plus the District of Columbia.
- Social Security Number Trace: Provides the name, aliases, 10 year address history, and all social security numbers associated with the individual. Verifies that the social security number is valid, gives year of issuance and state issued.
The background checks will be done at the District’s expense and information will be kept confidential. Human Resources staff members will review the results of each background check. If there are any concerns regarding the results of a background check, Human Resources will contact that individual directly within 24-48 hours after receiving the results. If you are not contacted within 48 hours after filling out the background check form you are clear to volunteer. The online form includes an option for volunteers to request a copy of their own report.
Thank you for your cooperation as we continue to maintain a safe and secure educational environment for our students.
Click here to complete the volunteer background check
Note: If you are a current employee of Minnetonka Schools, you are already cleared to work in the District, so do not need to complete the volunteer background check.