What is the Navigator Program and is it right for my child?
The Navigator Program serves exceptionally gifted students (IQs of 140 and above) in 2nd through 5th grade. This unique program provides a specialized learning environment capitalizing on the unique intellectual strengths of its learners. Navigator classrooms are located in Excelsior and Scenic Heights Elementary schools, but serve students from across the district and beyond through open-enrollment.
Families are welcome to apply to the Navigator program for the 2023-24 school year, until our official due date of January 15, 2023. Should we have space remaining in Navigator classrooms after our preliminary placement processes, we will reach out to new applicants based on their dates of application.
Parent Information Sessions
Join us for a virtual informational presentation shared by the Navigator Director and teachers. Learn about the unique mission and instructional design of the program, and hear from parents about the impact Navigator has had on their highly gifted children. Application steps and criteria for placement will be reviewed, and parents will have the opportunity to ask questions.
- Thursday, November 10 at 6:30 p.m., virtual meeting
- Tuesday, November 15, at 6:30 p.m., virtual meeting
Shortly before the session, you will receive a Google Meeting link via the email account you used to register. We hope you’ll join us!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Navigator Program?
- How do I apply?
- What is the curriculum?
- Is there a difference in the teaching method for exceptionally gifted students?
- Is transportation provided?
- What if my student is in Language Immersion?
- How does the Navigator Program impact the existing Advanced Learning program?
- Why do we need this program when we already have Advanced Learning services?
- What do our parents say?
- What do our programs look like?
navigator program Contact
Director of Advanced Learner Programs
Submit questions and feedback online and receive a response within one business day through Let’s Talk.
Contact Student Accounting
Student last names A-L:
Student last names M-Z:
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Minnetonka Schools Student Registration
5621 County Rd 101
Minnetonka, MN 55345
*Please note, to schedule a tour you may call the school of interest directly or complete our visit form.