Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Grade Choir
What is the Tonka District Children’s Choir?
The Tonka District Children’s Choirs serves children who love to sing in third, fourth, fifth and sixth grade from each of the six elementary schools across the Minnetonka School District, MME and MMW. Membership in the choir fosters musicality through performance and bridges friendships across the district. There is a place for everyone in the choir!
Core Choir: Includes fourth, fifth and sixth grade boys and girls from each of the six elementary schools, MME and MMW. Singers in this choir will develop singing and performing skills using choral music and individual instruction. The goals will be improved technique and a musically satisfying concert while creating a space where all voices are celebrated.
Select Choir: Includes fourth, fifth, and sixth grade girls and boys from each of the six elementary schools, MME and MMW. This is an auditioned group with a higher level of performance and rehearsal expectations. This group will cater to the dedicated and experienced young singer.
Who are the Directors?
Seth Boyd is the director of the Core Choir. Mr. Boyd teaches choir at MME. Melanie McIvor is the director for the Select Choir. Mrs. McIvor teaches music at Clear Springs Elementary School.
How much does it cost?
Participating in the Tonka District Children’s Choir will cost $50 for the season, which includes a choir t-shirt. Scholarships are available. Please contact Seth Boyd (email@example.com) with questions about scholarships.
When and where do we rehearse?
Rehearsals run every Wednesday and Thursday that school is in session except conference nights.
- Time: 4:30-6:00 P.M.
- Location: Choir and Band rooms at Minnetonka Middle School East
- First Rehearsal – Thursday, October 7th
- Time: 4:30-6:30PM
- Location: Clear Springs Elementary Music Room #46 and SE Gym
- First Rehearsal – Wed. October 6th
- Informational Parent Meeting-Wed. October 7th from 4:30-5:00 P.M.
Note about times/space: Please reserve the 4:30-6:30 P.M. time period for choir rehearsals. Depending on the number of singers in the choir, and space restrictions, we may divide the choirs into two sections. Singers may only sing for one hour, one hour and a half, or both hours.
- Winter Concert: Thursday, January 20th, 7:00PM at the High School Arts Center
- Spring Concert: Tuesday, May 10th, 7:00PM at the High School Arts Center
Please follow the link below to enter registration information and pay the registration fee.
Registration available soon!
What We Do
- Sing fun songs
- Make new friends
- Learn how to become better singers
- Sing the National Anthem at sporting events
- Sing in a winter and spring concert
- Fun choir parties
What students like best about being in choir
- Making new friends, singing great songs, and having awesome choir directors
- Learning new cool songs
- Having fun
- Improving their singing voice
- Performing for lots of people