Elementary School (Grades K-5)
Minnetonka Schools has expanded its e-learning program, Tonka Online, to include options for K-8 Students. Since 2013, Tonka Online has provided High School students with the opportunity to take individual online courses using Minnetonka's rigorous curriculum and experienced teachers. The program has grown year over year, and the District is excited to offer fully virtual options to students at every grade level.
Elementary school students participating in Tonka Online will have many of the same experiences as traditional students, with the added flexibility and convenience that only comes through online education. Tonka Online courses have been specifically designed to provide a quality e-learning experience, which allows teachers to provide personalized instruction and better support learners.
- Full English program (non-Immersion)
- Current immersion students will be offered language experiences
- Current immersion students will have access to supplemental language development programs
- Taught with Minnetonka's curriculum by Minnetonka teachers
- Blend of synchronous and asynchronous instructional models
- Daily specialist experiences (such as art, music, PE, etc.)
- Advanced learning and instructional support programs offered
Additional Information About Signature Programs
Options For Language Immersion Students
While the District is unable to offer a full language Immersion e-learning option at this time, the goal is to provide a consistent language experience for Immersion students who elect to participate in the e-learning program, as well as access to supplemental language development programs. This offering is intended to allow families who are choosing e-learning to have the option for their student to re-enter full Chinese or Spanish Language Immersion should/when their child return(s) to in-person instruction.
Advanced Learning Programs
If you have a child who participates in advanced learning programs, such as accelerated math, Wings or Navigators, options will also be offered. However, Navigator opportunities will be supplementary.
- Tonka Online Home
- Student Support
- Frequently Asked Questions
Contact for Grades K-8
Contact for Grades 9-12